Towards the new Air Force...
Basic training began on Lackland in November 1942. The base, then known as the Air Corps Replacement Center, opened in September 1941.
While officer training was the focus of the base, enlisted training became the primary function in 1946 when the enlisted school at Harlingen Army Air Force Base closed and the cadre transferred to Lackland.
1944 Flight Photos 1945 Flight Photos
1946 Flight Photos 1947 Flight Photos
1948 Flight Photos 1949 Flight Photos